Air France-KLM Flying Blue has updated its latest promotional rewards valid for travel until October 31, which must be booked by May 31.
The maximum discount is 50% on the usual number of miles required (although often the discount is capped at 25%).
You can access Flying Blue’s webpage for promotional rewards here or here.
Routes available for the May 2022 Promo Awards
Short and medium-haul rewards valid for travel from May 1 to October 31
Long-haul rewards valid for travel September 1 through October 31
You can also book them one way. These don’t just apply to flights from Europe, as all long-haul destinations are two-way. Flying Blue used to divide Europe into zones 1, 2 and 3 but now seems to use the name EUROPE for all these zones.
Note that Europe should include all of the following countries for long-haul rewards:
Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Switzerland, Luxembourg
Austria, Balearic Islands, Finland, Denmark, Italy, Malta, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden
Albania, Algeria, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Canary Islands, Croatia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Libya, Lithuania, Latvia, Macedonia, Moldova, Morocco, Poland, Romania, Western Russia , Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Tunisia, Ukraine.
Flying Blue has changed the taxes and mainly the fuel surcharges it charges for award tickets, making economy awards a better deal than before. In addition, the fuel surcharge that Air France-KLM now calls “carrier-imposed international surcharge” is capped for premium economy, business and first class flights.
Flying Blue has recently revamped its Promo Award page.
Unfortunately, it does not indicate to which service cabin (Economy, Premium Economy & Business) the lowest award prices apply. Still, we can easily guess that the prices displayed in miles apply only to economy class, except in Houston, where it must be Premium Economy.
Some of these other long-haul destinations may also offer discounted Premium and Business Class awards.
Here are the terms and conditions of this type of reward:
- Promo award tickets must be reserved via www.airfrance.com or www.klm.com (except for reservations for minors traveling alone or traveling with an infant under 2 years old, in these cases reservations must be made by calling client service) .
- Promotional award tickets can be changed free of charge until further notice given the coronavirus situation. Promotional award tickets cannot be canceled or refunded. For details, please contact customer service.
- Promotional award tickets are subject to the general conditions of carriage of the operating airline.
- Promotional award tickets are available for one-way and return tickets paid for with Miles (Promo award tickets are not available for purchase with Miles & Cash).
- Promotional award tickets are subject to availability.
- The Miles rates displayed for long-haul destinations are for flights to/from Paris or Amsterdam.
- Promotional award tickets for long-haul flights to or from Europe, as defined by IATA as the following countries: Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Austria, Balearic Islands, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Canary Islands, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Libya, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, UK, Western Russia.
- Due to COVID-19, we have updated the promotional rewards booking policy, which you can read here: https://www.flyingblue.com/en/news/rebook-policy